Green beans and fresh herbs turn this Thai inspired dish into a healthy, well balanced meal with tons of flavor!
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into 2-in. pieces
- 2 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (1 lb. total), sliced 1/2 in. thick
- 1/4 cup Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- In a large pot, cook noodles in boiling water until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain noodles and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add garlic, green beans, and chicken. Cook until chicken is slightly browned, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, broth, sugar, ginger, lime juice, and 1/4 cup each basil, mint, and green onions, stirring to combine. Bring mixture to a boil and pour over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining basil, mint, and green onions.